August Announcements from Pastor’s Desk July 30, 2022
July 30, 2022
Dear Parishioners of St. Ignatius Church,
Peace be with you!
Along with the 7th wave of the Covid-19 pandemic in Japan, the number of infections has increased rapidly in the past few weeks. Since there are also confirmed cases among the priests, there will be some changes regarding the Mass timings.
Please note below the renewed timetable for Sunday Masses between August 1and August 31:
- Sunday Masses.
- Japanese Masses: 7 AM and 10 AM.
- English Masses: 12 PM and 5 PM.
- Spanish Mass: 1:30 PM.
Vietnamese Mass: 3 PM.
- ➢ Saturday 6 PM, Sunday 8:30 AM, and Sunday 6 PM Japanese masses are canceled.
- ➢ The number of attendees to a single Mass is limited to 150 until further notice. Reservation is necessary to attend all masses.
➢ Please note that the second English Mass on Sunday is moved to 5 pm.
Weekday Masses. (Monday to Saturday)
The daily weekday masses and adoration (7 AM, 12 PM, 6 PM) will also remain canceled until September 8(Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary). The weekday masses will be resumed, depending the situation.
Following will be the mass timetable on August 15 (Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary):
7 AM (Japanese), 10 AM (Japanese), 12 PM (English), 7:30 PM (Vietnamese).
- There will be no 8:30 AM (Japanese), 1:30 PM (Spanish), 5 PM (English) and 6 PM (Japanese) masses.
Registration is required for attending mass on August 15.
- 7 AM (Japanese), 10 AM (Japanese), 12 PM (English), 7:30 PM (Vietnamese).
The first Saturday special masses for the elderly and those with Illness are canceled on August 6 and September 3.
- From August 1 to August 31, confessions on weekdays and weekends are canceled. Those who want to make confession are welcome to approach any priest personally.
In case of fresh corona cases among the priests, there is a possibility of cancellation of Sunday masses as well. Please check the parish website for weekly updates on mass timings or cancellations. Even though there are no particular Covid-19 restrictions given by Tokyo Metropolitan Government, please make it a point that the regular disease preventive measures are followed strictly.