Coronavirus Preventive Measures
St.Ignatius Church, in accordance with the advisory given by Archbishop Kikuchi Izao of the Archdiocese of Tokyo(dated Mar. 10), has decided on the following measures in the wake of an increase in the Coronavirus infections.
THE FOLLOWING MEASURES WILL TAKE EFFECT
FROM MARCH 15(SUN) UNTIL MARCH 29(SUN)
- All masses and confession are suspended.
- St. Mary’s Chapel and Xavier Chapel will remain closed. The main church and crypt can be used for personal prayer.
- As an exception, weddings and funerals will be held as usual.
- In general, all gatherings (including Bible classes, group activities) are requested to be cancelled. Please consult the church office should there be a need to have a gathering.
- Please avoid all gatherings involving food and drink.
- The March 20(Fri) Lenten Recollection in Japanese, March 29(Sun) Lenten Recollection in English and the March 29 farewell party are cancelled.
- Regarding measures from March 30 (Mon), the Archdiocese of Tokyo will make an announcement around March 23 (Mon).
Fr. Hanafusa Ryuichiro Pastor, St. Ignatius Parish, 10 March, 2020